Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, September 29, 2011

I'm Ready, are you??

I'm ready-
to be done.
for maternity leave.
for this baby to come out.
for my body back.
for comfortable sleep.
to stop having heart burn.
to fit into my shoes again.
to hold our little girl.
to stay home from work.
to be a mother.
to be able to bend over.
to not feel sick.
for back pain to stop.
to give birth.
to not have to pee every hour.
to breathe out my nose.
for the real contractions and no more of these Braxton Hicks.
to see what she looks like.
for our daughter to join our family.

I am so ready.

please come.

please come soon!

Tomorrow I will be 38 weeks along and have a doctors appointment. I hope he says "Wow you are dilated to a 4 and can give birth today!" hahaha. I'll let you know how that goes.

I really haven't felt like this until now and I'm ready to be done. I'm tired and uncomfortable. My showers are all over (which I LOVED- THANKS again!!) and the nursery is ready. My itunes is full of baby songs, lullabies and sounds of the ocean and nature for her. The bedding and clothes are washed. Hospital bag packed. Name picked out. I have taken Baxter on lots of long walks. I dont know how much longer I can do this so I hope she comes early!!

I really wanna start maternity leave early, like now, because I'm so tired and ready. But I'm afraid time will just go by even slower the next 2 weeks if I stay home. But then I can sleep, clean, hang out with my mom and sisters, visit my grandma, prepare more, put my feet up so they arent so swollen, exercise or swim to help my back aches instead of sitting at a computer all day and finish a few crafty things I wanna do. But then that will be 2 less weeks that I get to be with her once she's born and here. What to do, what to do? I have no motivation for work anymore and just want to be home. Should I keep working until I go into labor or take a few days or week off before my due date? I love my job but I'm exhausted, dont have any more events, trained my co-workers and hate being here. Is it bad that I just wish my doctor would tell me I have to be on bed rest? I'm grateful for my health. I just wanna be with my baby! Look how cute this baby is-

I know I just need to be patient and let nature take its course but any tips on how to stay positive and excited these last 2 weeks? Any advice on how to get her to come early?

3 comments:

  1. I would wait until you go into labor I did my maternity leave early with kayden, only like 3 days before my due date cuz I thought i would any day and he ended up coming a week late, so I regret that lol. Lots of walking, they say that helps but who knows. This might be TMI but someone told me nipple stimulation works lol. Wait another week or so and see how you are progressing before you decide about work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ask your doctor to strip your membranes. My doctor did at my 38 week check up and he came the next day. Sometimes it doesn't work but I know a lot of people who it has worked for. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I worked until the day I went into labor. (Which was a week early.) I think you'll regret it if you take the leave early because then you'll have to leave her earlier. I would definitely have your doctor strip your membranes if you're feeling so done! That's the best way. (Sex is #2... just saying) Good luck! I'm excited to see this cutie pie!!

    ReplyDelete