"When a baby is born, so is a Mother"
35 Weeks along. I cant believe it! I have been so excited and now that it is getting closer I’m getting kind of nervous. Last week I had a few breakdowns…
My thoughts were: Am I really ready to be a mom? What if I'm not a good mom? What if I dont teach her enough? What if I dont loose weight? What if she's ugly? What if I mess up? How will I know what to do and when to do it? What if she’s not healthy or sick and I cant help her. I am a worried mess. How do you really prepare for the grand calling of a mother? I hope we have a good, strong relationship. I hope I teach her enough so she will choose the right and grow up to be a beautiful woman. I just need to take it one day at a time...to be honest I'm scared for her to get here. I like being pregnant and having her inside. She can stay in there to at least her due date and I'll be totally fine.
I'm glad we are taking birthing classes at IMC, we have 2 down and 2 to go. Bodies are amazing and birth is a miracle. My doctors appointment went great last Thursday. I'm measuring at 36 weeks. The baby is probably already 6 pounds and like 18 inches long. I cant believe it! Going to that dr appt made it so real. She could come anytime now. She probably wont for another 4 weeks but really, 4 weeks is nothing. It’s going to fly by. I still have so much to do. I’m getting a little overwhelmed. I hope Matt still thinks I’m somewhat attractive and sexy after giving birth… He is so supportive and the best.
I'm glad I have awesome friends, family, co-workers and neighbors who give me showers. I get soo excited! THANK you everyone. I'm registered at Target and Babies R Us. Showers, presents and shopping for the little baby girl stuff are definitely the funnest part of being pregnant!
This was my first shower with my friends- they are the best!
Look at Rachelle's cute diaper cake.
I need to get pictures from my mom for my other showers- we had one with her ward (my old neighborhood) and another with the Witt side. People are so nice! THANK YOU!
I feel like the nursery is really coming along. We have the crib and changing table set up. Now I just need to get some wall decorations and window valance.
I love swinging and laying in the hammock. I hate acid reflex and heart burn. I hate swollen feet and fingers. It's hard to breath and my uterus is pushing on everything, especially my bladder! My hips hurt soo bad- I have weird pains and cramps in my legs. I hate gas, diarrhea and upset stomachs. I still throw up and get bad headaches some days. But I think all this is easier than staying up all night, hearing crying, cleaning up spit up, changing poopy diapers, etc. WARNING gross picture below of fat sausage feet (this is what they looked like yesterday and it wasnt even the end of the day yet!)
I was so nervous for this week because I have an event at work, and it's not even a big event but I am going to work 57 hours. It's a group of like 300 people and will hopefully go well. UT Domestic Violence Council gives training to officers, counselors, clinics, doctors, etc. to help them fight and help prevent domestic violence. They also get donations for victims. It is going really well and a very nice group of people to work with. I hate being to work early or mornings in general but whatev. I just hope I don’t get too stressed out. I’m excited for maternity leave. It’s my last big thing then I’m done. Do you think I should just work up until the day I go into labor or start maternity leave like a week early to prepare?
Being a mother is very valuable to me. Mothers shape society and those children that grow up to make changes in our society. Being a mother is a HUGE responsibility. I think I need to realize that becoming a mother is more important than any role I play in my life right now. I am excited! and nervous!? I think it will be hard to give up things but it will be worth it.
She is adorable and so cute. We saw them give her a bath and do her footprints. She is so precious and I loved holding her. I think seeing her made us realize that we are SOO excited for our baby. I’m almost over being so nervous that I just want her to stay in. Ever since we saw my niece Matt has been saying “I want to see and hold and kiss our baby girl! Come out little baby.” He talks to her through my stomach every night and its adorable. It will be fun for our girls to have cousins and be so close in age.
I hope the baby and I bond well. I think we will. I cant wait to meet her!! I am SO excited to see Matt be a father. I love him so much. I love our relationship and I'm excited to expand our family. I will always love Matt the best! He is my everything. We are excited for our baby girl. I hope to always be a good wife and show our children that we are in love. I never want to forget that. I think its important to have a strong healthy marriage. I get stressed out and nervous and Matt is always my rock. I just hope I can keep myself together and be emotionally strong with all the changes that are about to come our way. This will be a huge transition and I just need to keep that in my expectations. I have been quite the klutz dropping stuff, spilling every drink, breaking things, and I’m ready for that to end.
I'm thankful for all the help I get from everyone around me. I'm so thankful for my job. My work is even giving me a shower on Thursday and I cant wait. I dont know what I will do being home all day with a baby. I hope people want to interact with me still so I dont go crazy. Even just staying home sick for a day I feel lonely or like I didnt accomplish enough. But I'm sure I'll love being home with the little one.
I like to think I’m a positive person. I just need to focus on that and stay positive and look for the good. I really am excited! I have such a good life and so much to be thankful for. I need to always remember that. I am grateful for fun days and fun times and fun memories. I’m excited to be a mom. It's definitely all worth it.
I feel like the nursery is really coming along. We have the crib and changing table set up. Now I just need to get some wall decorations and window valance.
I finally did some deep cleaning like cleaned out my fridge, stove and bathroom. We just need to keep up with the never ending stuff like dishes and laundry and I want to clean the carpet before she gets here.
I love swinging and laying in the hammock. I hate acid reflex and heart burn. I hate swollen feet and fingers. It's hard to breath and my uterus is pushing on everything, especially my bladder! My hips hurt soo bad- I have weird pains and cramps in my legs. I hate gas, diarrhea and upset stomachs. I still throw up and get bad headaches some days. But I think all this is easier than staying up all night, hearing crying, cleaning up spit up, changing poopy diapers, etc. WARNING gross picture below of fat sausage feet (this is what they looked like yesterday and it wasnt even the end of the day yet!)
I was so nervous for this week because I have an event at work, and it's not even a big event but I am going to work 57 hours. It's a group of like 300 people and will hopefully go well. UT Domestic Violence Council gives training to officers, counselors, clinics, doctors, etc. to help them fight and help prevent domestic violence. They also get donations for victims. It is going really well and a very nice group of people to work with. I hate being to work early or mornings in general but whatev. I just hope I don’t get too stressed out. I’m excited for maternity leave. It’s my last big thing then I’m done. Do you think I should just work up until the day I go into labor or start maternity leave like a week early to prepare?
Being a mother is very valuable to me. Mothers shape society and those children that grow up to make changes in our society. Being a mother is a HUGE responsibility. I think I need to realize that becoming a mother is more important than any role I play in my life right now. I am excited! and nervous!? I think it will be hard to give up things but it will be worth it.
She is adorable and so cute. We saw them give her a bath and do her footprints. She is so precious and I loved holding her. I think seeing her made us realize that we are SOO excited for our baby. I’m almost over being so nervous that I just want her to stay in. Ever since we saw my niece Matt has been saying “I want to see and hold and kiss our baby girl! Come out little baby.” He talks to her through my stomach every night and its adorable. It will be fun for our girls to have cousins and be so close in age.
I'm thankful for all the help I get from everyone around me. I'm so thankful for my job. My work is even giving me a shower on Thursday and I cant wait. I dont know what I will do being home all day with a baby. I hope people want to interact with me still so I dont go crazy. Even just staying home sick for a day I feel lonely or like I didnt accomplish enough. But I'm sure I'll love being home with the little one.
I like to think I’m a positive person. I just need to focus on that and stay positive and look for the good. I really am excited! I have such a good life and so much to be thankful for. I need to always remember that. I am grateful for fun days and fun times and fun memories. I’m excited to be a mom. It's definitely all worth it.
I'm excited and ready for...
Fall Weather!! I love September and October!
and I love Baxter!






You just spelled out like every single fear I had when I was pregnant. (Except I was also FREAKING OUT about labor itself.) But trust me, in the end she will be perfect. It's amazing how instinct just takes over. You'll be such a great mommy! I'm excited for you!
ReplyDeleteI love your pregnancy posts, they are so cute and funny. I am way sorry I missed your shower girl, I am horrible! I cant even remember what was going on but I think Reag was having a rough day. Anyways, no excuse. I cant wait for you to have your baby.. everything changes, and in a GOOD way. It seriously gets better each day and month that goes by so dont worry if you are stressed at first... everyone has to get used to each new baby and the changes and its totally normal! Seek the gospel and the spirit to guide you as parents for each particular child first and all of the "worldy" worries will fall into place. I promise. I have seen it happen. It is amazing to feel the bond of love grow between you and your baby and it totally will. Just know its a learning process and dont expect to be perfect right away and there will be no need for stress! :) You look cute prego girl!
ReplyDelete1. Your baby won't be ugly.
ReplyDelete2. You have the same fears all pregnant women have.
3. Work up until you deliver so you can have that extra time with your baby after she's born.
4. Time goes by so fast during the day when you're taking care of your baby that you won't have time to feel lonely.
5. I don't think you'll ever wish your baby was back in. Especially when you're not sick anymore. Even when I was awake in the middle of the night, I still liked my baby out better than in.
It's getting so close! I am excited for you.
Shar! I felt all of these same fears too, crazy how that mind starts to wander when you realize you are going to be responsible for another little human and their well-being. You are going to be the best mom ever I'm so sure of it. If you didn't have these worries then that would be a problem! I always hear the moms who are concerned and worried end up being the best =). I'm so excited for you! You're sooooo close! Enjoy the alone time you have with your hubby and get out on lots of dates..that's one piece of advice I didn't take and wish I would've..I love your posts and hope things go so smooth for you guys =)
ReplyDelete