Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Thankful

The other day at Sunday dinner at my in-laws we all wrote down things we are thankful for. I always think of the same things- family, friends, gospel, food, home, etc. Then my father in-law said write what you are grateful for that happened this past year. That put a different perspective on it and this past year has been one of my best. I think it made me think more specifically. Top things I'm thankful for:

1. Having a wonderful healthy baby girl- Juliette
2. Getting sealed in the temple for eternity to Matt. He's the best husband and dad. I love the temple so much. I love the spirit there and promises and blessings we can receive.
3. Becoming a mother
4. Moving into a two bedroom apartment
5. Getting my car- Honda Civic. I'm thankful for cars in general and freeways- we can travel so quickly.
6. Our cruise to the Mexican Riviera for our anniversary. I love vacations and this was the best!
7. Our families- it's been so fun to see the joy that being grandparents has brought to our parents. I'm so thankful for their love and support and everything they have given us and taught us. We love our extended families, nieces, nephews, sisters, brothers, in-laws. Thanks for all my showers and gifts.
8. Our jobs- Matt and I both got raises within the last year and its been such a blessing. I'm thankful for maternity leave so I can spend time with Juliette. We both work with such great people and have made great friendships. Thankful for insurance!
9. Modern day revelation- I'm thankful for prayer, the holy ghost, patriarchal blessings, prophets, conference, scriptures, knowledge of the gospel, my testimony. I know Heavenly Father knows us and loves us. I'm thankful for the service that has been shown to us.
10. Christ- through Him I know we can be forgiven and do better everyday. He is my example and my redeemer.
11. Friends- Sharli, Caitlyn, Nikki, Ashly, Jessica, Camille, Whitney, J Lowe, Rachelle, Alpha Phi (LOVED our sisterhood retreat at Karly's cabin and love our monthly dinner and game nights)
12. Pets- Baxter is seriously the best dog ever! I love to cuddle with him, take him on walks and just have him around. I also love our fish.
13. Technology- ultrasounds, pictures, cameras, internet, blogs, Facebook, Hulu, TVs, computers, ipads, smart phones
14. EPIDURALS- good nurses and doctors, hospitals, medicine, good care
15. Warm water- sometimes a relaxing hot shower or bath is the only alone time I get for myself and it is fabulous.

I have so much to be thankful for. This list only covered a few. I'm thankful for this time of year. I love the holidays!!

1 comment:

  1. I loooovvveee number 11. And for some odd reason I love number 14. hahaha....oh the joys of modern medicine. :)

    ReplyDelete