Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Nicknames

Day 19-Nicknames you have and why you have them

When I was really little my parents called me Pixie Dixie. They say thats what little Texans are called (I was born in Houston, Texas). My friends and family almost always call me, and most common nickname is Shar. A few people called me Sharzard (apparently my name sounds like a Pokemon character- Charizard) or Charly (probably from the movie/book). My older sister called me Sherlock (especially if I said Captain Obvious comments acting like it was a new discovery- like "No duh Sherlock!" When I did study abroad in Mexico I had the most nicknames- Guera (blondie- EVERYONE called me this, even people I didnt know)
According to the Uraban Dictionary (and Mexicans, based on my experience)
1. guera means: spanish for fair or light skinned (feminine)
More nicknames in Monterrey included Lupita (my ward called me this...not sure why), Charolette, Charlenay (basically my name in a Spanish accent). In college a few people called me Shar Bear. Matt calls me Shar Bear, baby duck, and honey bear becuase he loves me. I love my nick names and also love my name.

1 comment:

  1. I got called guera a lot in Mexico too!! That or Leensay! Lindsay was absolutely impossible :)

    ReplyDelete