Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Impact

Day 7-A picture of someone/something that has the biggest impact on you

Matthew is the person that has had the most impact on my life. We've had so many fun times since High School and have also overcome many challenges through our years together and apart.
Getting married is the biggest event and decision that had the biggest impact on my life. Getting married teaches you to become more selfless, patient and understanding.
Thank you Matt (even though you dont read this) I am who I am today because of you. I love you!


I read my friend Malae's blog and got a few ideas and seem to agree with her.

"There is something about marriage that really makes you come to a realization of who you really are. Marriage exploits all of your weaknesses, strengths, short-comings, habits, and even some characteristics your never knew you had. I have discovered more about myself than I ever had before in my life when I transitioned from being a Miss to a Mrs. I have come to understand the meaning of "settling down".

There is something about the absolute necessity to put your spouse's needs before yours that makes you understand what you need to improve on. Humility, gratitude, patience...the list goes on and on.

There is something about becoming fully responsible for the bills, finances, insurance, meals, shelter, clothing, and nurturing your family that makes you realize that you are no longer that person you once were. Your life of depending on your parents is no longer. You have your own family now. It's a weird feeling.

So yes, the transition from Stage 1 (single) to Stage 2 (married) in my life had the biggest impact on me so far."

1 comment:

  1. Awww...I've been officially quoted! What an awesome feeling! :) I'm glad that we agree on so many things about marriage! Shar, I am so glad you are doing the challenge. I love reading your blog and learning more about you! You are such a fun girl. :)

    ReplyDelete