Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

21 days to break a Habit

Day 4-A habit that you wish you didn't have

Hmmm there are quite a few...

1. Doing my make up in the car. Seriously it takes me like 5 minutes but I never seem to get it done before I get out the door in the morning. SO I either do it while I'm driving (i know its bad), in the parking lot or once I get somewhere. I blame it partly on #2.

2. Waking up late. We have a memory foam topper on our bed and it is just so comfortable and warm. I hate getting out of it in the morning.

3. Being late. Because habit #2 has this effect. I wish I was always punctual. But people who know me just know, I'll be there within 5-10 minutes of the time I say I will. One day I will break this habit!

4. Taking my shoes off and leaving them all over the house wherever I took them off.

5. Making up words to songs because I dont know the right lyrics. I normally know the tune and just hum along. I wish I could learn the words, but that takes me like 100 times of listening to a song to get that down. And i dont think people want to hear me sing. I want to learn more than the chorus to at a few songs.

6. Spending more money than I have. Its like when I have money in my account it burns a hole in my pocket and I just have to spend it. I need to learn to SAVE.

7. Procrastinating. But honestly who doesnt.

8. Thinking negatively if one thing goes wrong. I'm normally a happy, positive, upbeat person. But when it rains it pours and I just need to take a breath and know it'll all work out.

How to Break Bad Habits (some tips I found on http://www.about-personal-growth.com/.)

  • Identify the stimulus or trigger.
    The next time you feel the urge to do it, pause and become aware when and how the stimulus show up. What is it that makes you want to pick the cigarette, or whatever your addiction is?
  • Communicate with yourself and look for the underlying intention.
    Ask yourself what you are trying to gain by generating the behavior. Search for the answers from your unconscious. Listen carefully because your mind will come up with many answers and issues.
  • Find the inner motivation that is causing you to repeat your undesirable patterns. How do you see yourself if you were to continue doing your habit? Do you perceive a lot of pain disengaging or letting go of your addiction or attachment?
  • See the benefit of getting rid of the habit.
    What kind of image do you see if you no longer have the habit? How would you feel when you have removed your addictive behavior? What kind of improvement in your performance can you see if you make a change?
  • Repeat seeing your new empowering positive image.
    Make a conscious effort to see your new image each time you feel like repeating your habit. You are telling your subconscious mind to cancel the old thought pattern and override it with the person you would like to become.

    You are leading and directing the mind to change its thought patterns and developing a different thinking and reacting to the trigger. You can do it!

2 comments:

  1. I like #3....hmmm I don't think on time and Sharlene go togther....just sayin:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank heavens you took that dumb word writting off!! Maybe I will leave more comments;)

    ReplyDelete