Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, June 29, 2012

Heber City

The Witt family all went up to a huge cabin in Heber City and had a blast! We went on a hike, rode wave runners, went fishing, played lots of games, went hot tubbing, ate delicious food and relaxed. This is the only picture I have.... so I'll have to get more from my mom and sisters.

Cousins- Camden and Juliette

The cabin we stayed is one of my mom's friends and clients. It is on Witts Lake. Since we are the Witts we were curious of how it got it's name. My great great grandfather, John Wesley Witt, crossed the plains to Utah in 1850. He moved to Heber in 1859 and his house was the first one built in Heber City. 
 
My Grandma Dickson and I read all about him and his sister and her family. It was very interesting and touching. I'm thankful for our heritage and those who came before us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment