Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Christmas!!

2011 Christmas was the best! I love being married and having a baby. We have the best families ever. On Christmas Eve we went to Sizzler for my dad's birthday lunch. Later on we went to Grammee and Poppi’s house for the Christmas Eve dinner and party. We always have seafood and yummy food. This year we decided to have the first nativity play.
I borrowed my moms costumes and the little cousins did their parts and they did a great job! Eleanor was the most excited to be an angel. Then we played the annual white elephant gift exchange and it was hilarious. A lot of bacon themed things. Matt ended up getting a candle holder that he didn’t even bring home and I “stole” some bath and body works soap. Look at what Grammee got!
Then we had the talent show and lots of people sang, played guitar, violin and tumbling. Grammee and Poppi gave us all presents…they are so generous and great! Juliette got her first doll.
We slept over at the Romero’s house. Greg and Karine are so adorable as grandparents with Juliette. I love them so much. This year we totally spoiled each other! Matt and I decided to splurge since we got a bonus at work and in the future we’ll have to spoil our kids instead. Matt is the BEST deal finder and best gift giver in the world. I had a lot of fun giving to Matt too. He got recording software, a microphone, a kneeling chair, headphones, clothes- shirts and sweaters, clippers, a Brasil jersey, and stuff.
 He gave me an iPad! An iPad cover, necklace, earrings, clothes, power mat phone charger, U Draw, pictionary and more. It was the best!

Juliette got clothes, shoes, toys, flashcard puzzles, a chair, blocks and more. She is an adorable spoiled little girl who we love and adore. We both got a guitar, Rocksmith, games, gloves, filled stockings and stuff from his mom and dad. We got clothes, a table, fish decorations, itunes gift card, and stuff from my parents. I got an iPad holder stand for the kitchen from Taylor and Matt got snowboarding passes and dinner from Ryan. I also got clothes, jewelry and Christmas decorations from Marcus and Matt got a toolbox from Jessica. We are so blessed and I’m so thankful!
Baxter even got some gifts- bones and toys. Peanut stayed with us too.
It was actually nice having Christmas on a Sunday. We got to get dressed and ready for the day in our sunday best and go to church and hear stories and sing songs about Christ. I love Him so much. I'm thankful for the hope that He brings into our lives. I'm thankful for Him, His life, example and atoning sacrifice. I'm so thankful for the gospel. I love to feel the spirit.
We went over to my parents house for a nice Christmas dinner and played games. I love my family so much! Sometimes its hard to break old traditions and comfort of what you are used to trade it for new traditions with a growing, different and new family. It is so much fun and I love it though. Wahoo. Love this time of year. It was weird that it hasnt snowed at all and is like 40 degrees.  
Juliette with Grandpa Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment