Pregnancy is crazy. It is so amazing and a miracle but seriously people must forget what it's like or everyone would only have one child. Lol.
Symptoms: My feet look like balloons, so does my stomach (obviously). I feel her moving around and punching me all the time. It was really awesome at first and I'm glad to know she's active and healthy in there but simmer down. It's starting to hurt. I have pains and its really sensative at the top of my ribs. My back and hips hurt- especially when I'm trying to sleep. I get leg cramps or charlie horses and cant even move my legs sometimes. I think she hit a growth spurt cuz I'm gaining weight like crazy. I have gained almost 30 pounds! It's the most I have ever weighed. I'm just glad it's the baby and hope I get back to my pre pregnancy weight soon after she's out. I havent had heartburn as badly, just if I eat pizza or dont drink enough water. I still have acid reflux and gag if something stinks but you get used to it and tums help. I'm tired! And snore a lot. Overall I'm feeling pretty good.
Freak out: I had to go get the Glucose Test last tuesday to see if i have gestational diabetes. Here are the signs that you are at greater risk:
•Are older than 25 when you are pregnant
•Have a family history of diabetes
•Gave birth to a baby that weighed more than 9 pounds or had a birth defect
•Have sugar (glucose) in your urine when you see your doctor for a regular prenatal visit
•Have high blood pressure
•Have too much amniotic fluid
•Have had an unexplained miscarriage or stillbirth
•Were overweight before your pregnancy
Since I am none of those I was surprised and scared when I got the call on Thursday morning that my blood sugar is very high and I probably have gestational diabetes. I was meeting with a client for a site visit at work at 11 am and the doctor called about 10:53 am. So i had a mini freak out and started crying. I pulled myself together and the site vist went great. Then I called Matt and told him I had to go the hospital the next day for the 3 hour glucose test. It seriously took like 4 hours and they have to draw your blood 4 times. You drink this nasty, well sugarry, drink and then just sit around and read or something. Then I was super tired afterwards. Since I did the blood tests on Friday they couldnt get the results back until this week. Monday they never called so Tuesday I called them and....Good News! I dont have gestational diabetes. I still want to eat healthier and I know it wouldnt have been the end of the world if I did have it but I'm glad I'm okay and hope the baby is healthy and growing just like she should be.
I love seeing ultra sounds! At our last appointment we saw her punching repetitively in there and saw her little facial features and tounge stick out. She is going to be adoarble and I cant believe she'll be here in less than 2 months!! It's so unreal. And exciting. I cant believe that babies are so long and skinny. My baby is like 16 inches long but only weights about 3 pounds.
This weekend we went to Bear Lake with my family and it was so much fun. I did really well on the drive and didnt have to stop to go to the bathroom or feel car sick. I was hot at the lake on Saturday, but who wasnt. It was crowded but the water was perfect and felt great. We gave each other pedicures and it felt so nice. We played lots of games and ate tons of delicious food. My nieces and nephews are so cute! They absolutely LOVE Baxter. He really is the best dog in the world. I love my family SO much and I'm glad we had a fun weekend. I realized that I need sleep! I am super emotional when I dont get enough sleep adn then combine that with being pregnant and its a mess. So reminder to self: get more sleep- even if I'm on vacation.
I got a maternity massage from Marisa last Monday and it was wonderful! We start birthing classes August 30 and go for 4 weeks. I think it will help me get familiarized with the hospital and also prepare more for giving birth, breast feeding and what to expect. I registered online but most of the stuff is out of stock or only sold online so i need to go into the stores sometime this week and register. I'm excited. I have the best family and friends. They are so nice and want to throw me showers- I'm so excited.
I watched a video of a lady giving birth with an epidural on babycenter.com http://bit.ly/cS6k4V and it was amazing! I thought it would gross or freaky but it was really cool. I think I might want to record mine because I'll never get that moment back. I wont show people- I just want it for myself and to remember how we reacted and what we said when she first comes out. I want Matt there with me and if my mom, sisters and mother-in-law want to be there then that's fine too. I was really scared and nervous but after watching this video I feel soo much better. Now I know that I for sure want an epidural. I think I want it filmed (maybe from my head view.) Matt wants to be there and cut the ambilical cord. I know I can do this and it will truly be amazing. I hope I dont have to have a c-section but if I have a big baby and a small canal or hips then I might have to. I was born c-section and i think it'll be okay.
I"m excited to have a little girl. We'll be able to put cute bows and flowers in her hair. She will be adorable. We are going to name her Juliette Kay Romero. I cant wait to see her. When I first see her I will tell her I love her and breast feed her. I know I will cry and I cant wait. We decided on the name Juliette becuase it is a beautiful, unique, kind of old fashion name. It isnt common and it was one of the only girl names we both agreed on. Her middle name will be Kay becuase both of our moms (Karine and Karen) start with K and it's a cute name. Glad this week is over and by Friday I'll be 32 weeks along. Ahh!! It's coming up.

You are cute. Don't feel bad about gaining weight. I LOADED on the pounds with my first 2, and semi-loaded with Lyla. I too hated Charlie horses! Do you get ones that wake you up in the night? Good for you that you don't have GD. I have had friends that were so bummed about not being able to eat sweets. I was at Bear Lake last weekend too! And lastly (because you SO want to hear all my comments), you can totally film a birth and keep it PG. I have video of my 2nd and 3rd kids (have I commented about this before? if so, sorry for the repeat). What we did was set up the camcorder off to the side (we used a ledge in the room, but maybe you could bring a tripod). It's actually pretty awesome to have. And even though you can't see anything, I don't know still that it is something I would share with anyone. 8 weeks to go! You can do it!
ReplyDeleteSo glad about GD. It will be here before you know it. I'm excited for you. I recommend videoing your birth. I wish I would have.
ReplyDeleteSo there is this AMAZING photographer that I don't personally know but she has done a lot of people I know pictures and she does birth stories. Holy amazing. She will come to the hospital when you have your baby and just take pictures of the whole thing (obviously as much as you want or don't want.) She is kind of pricey, but it might be worth it. The pictures are PRICELESS. I would have LOVED something like that with Jayne. If you are interested come talk to me about it. Just a thought...no pressure. Can't believe it's coming up so quick! YEAH!!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe you are only 8 weeks away from having your baby. This will be such a fun chapter in your life - i know you will be such a sweet mom. Good luck on these final months :)
ReplyDelete