Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, August 1, 2011

Amigos do Brasil

This week has been so much fun! Betania is a convert from Brazil that Matt and his companions taught. Jordan baptized her. She has been in the United States for almost 30 days. Now she is in Utah visiting. She is so awesome and stayed with us for a few nights.
Matt, Betania, Jordan and Donny on Wednesday night- Betania's first s'mores
We went up Big Cottonwood Canyon and roasted hot dogs and marshmallows. I love the mountains. 




Thursday we went to temple square and dinner at Applebees.


 Alyssa, Nick, Jordan, Betania, Laura, me and Matt- Donny came later


 We went and saw the Mormon Tabernacle Choir practice on Thursday night at the Conference Center.

 Betania and her boys!

My favorite night was probably Friday and we didn't take any pictures. Betania and I just hung out at our apartment and she taught me how to make Brazilian food- rice, beans, and eggs. Sounds so simple but its different than how we cook it and it was soo delicious. Matt was SOO excited and said its the best gift she can give us. Lol. I'm excited to cook more.

Sunday night we made this cheese rolls (pan de queso) and they are SO good! We just watched TV and relaxed. Today she goes back to the airport and we'll miss her.We practiced lots of Portuguese and had a blast. I cant wait until we visit Brazil!!

No comments:

Post a Comment