Weeks along: 29
Symptoms: In the past 2 weeks I feel like I have totally popped out and started to show more. I really feel pregnant now and my face is chubs. My feet are even starting to get swollen after a long day of work walking around the convention center or being outside on the hot weekends. This little girl is a mover- she loves to kick and sqirm in there and I am still loving it. I can see my stomach moving sometimes and its a little bit creepy. But really it's a miracle to have a human inside there. She likes to push on my bladder though so i have to pee a lot.
Best thing this week: This week was GREAT! So I'll tell a 2:
Our friend Betania from Brazil came to Utah to visit the missionaries who taught and baptized her. This week we did a lot of activities together with some of Matt's mission companions, their wives and Betania. We love her and are so glad to have her stay with us during her visit. I'm glad we have a two bedroom apartment now. I had fun going on dates with Matt and hanging out with our friends almost every night. (I'll post pictures of this in an upcoming post.) I'm excited for Matt to speak Portuguese to our children!
Also, I had sisterhood retreat for all the alumnae in Alpha Phi- it was a blast to have a girls night and sleepover at Karly's cabin (post of this coming soon as well.)
Our friend Betania from Brazil came to Utah to visit the missionaries who taught and baptized her. This week we did a lot of activities together with some of Matt's mission companions, their wives and Betania. We love her and are so glad to have her stay with us during her visit. I'm glad we have a two bedroom apartment now. I had fun going on dates with Matt and hanging out with our friends almost every night. (I'll post pictures of this in an upcoming post.) I'm excited for Matt to speak Portuguese to our children!
Also, I had sisterhood retreat for all the alumnae in Alpha Phi- it was a blast to have a girls night and sleepover at Karly's cabin (post of this coming soon as well.)
Worst thing this week: Do not eat riblets from Applebees while pregnant. I had a nasty, nasty surprise Friday morning while throwing up. Ew. Dont imagine it. I'm back to throwing up just about every morning. Super fun. I gag over stinky smells and even gross thoughts. I have heart burn so bad- tums are my best friends but dont seem to work at night. Also, I am quite clumsy I guess you might say--- and i broke the screen on my phone 3 times in the last month. Not just like a tiny crack, but completely shattered. Yes 3 times. I need it tied to a string so it cant hit the ground. I dont know what to do.
Preparing: We scheduled child birthing classes and start on Aug 30. Matt helps me stretch and gives me massages becuase my back and legs always ache. I"m excited for our appointment next week.
Nesting: We bought a crib off ksl.com and set up her blankets and mobile. We also got tons of cute clothes from a friend at my mother-in-laws work. Matt is adorable and got a fish tank with guppies and pink rocks for her.
Maternity clothes: I love leggings and dresses. I dont like wearing baggy clothes. Jeans and pants in general are just too tight (evern maternity ones...) I love the belly band! I still try to squeeze into my regular pants and then just use the belly band but that might have to end soon :(
Maternity clothes: I love leggings and dresses. I dont like wearing baggy clothes. Jeans and pants in general are just too tight (evern maternity ones...) I love the belly band! I still try to squeeze into my regular pants and then just use the belly band but that might have to end soon :(
Cravings: I had my first real craving last Sunday. I really wanted no bake dinosaur cookies. We didnt have time to make them between everything we had to do that day so i ate almost a whole package of Grasshopper cookies and then continued on to eat a half bag of chocolate chips. It was like it didn't matter if I was hungry or full I just needed to eat them. Very delicious. I still want no bake cookies though. Yum.




So here's some random advice. If you are having heartburn way bad get a prescription from your dr because that could be making you throw up. I started throwing up again towards the end of my pregnancy and I had heartburn and a friend of mine told to get a prescription antacid and it helped so much. I didn't throw up after that. Good luck!!
ReplyDeleteI love seeing the pictures of you pregnant! I can't believe you are in the third trimester already, wow time goes by so fast! I am coming to Utah in September so if you are around I would love to see you!
ReplyDeleteHow fun for you - count down time. I love the nursery bedding - so stinkin' cute!
ReplyDelete