Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, March 27, 2011

9-1-1

You, call 911!

On Friday I had my first experience calling 911. I was on the freeway, heading home from work like I do everyday and for some reason the car in front of me slammed on their breaks. Luckily I was following at a safe following distance and slammed on my breaks just in time. The car behind me wasn't so fortunate...and he hit me. It all happened so fast. Luckily everyone was ok. I called 911 and they transferred me to Highway Patrol. We pulled off to the side of the road and here is my poor car...
and his car...

The day before at work we had CPR training and the instructor kept shouting (in a weird accent) You! Call 9-1-1! 
Now I'm prepared to save a life with CPR. Just by remembering AABBCC-
A- Arousal- Are you okay?
A- Airway- tilt head back
B- Breathing- Check for breathing- look, listen, feel
B- Breaths- Give person 2 breaths (mouth to mouth)
C- Check pulse
C- Compression- 30 compressions to 2 breaths, repeat

We also learned how to use an AED, or a defibrillator. I hope I never have to, but if I do I now know how. 

Luckily my accident wasnt worse but I took it to the shop yesterday and my car might be totaled :( What an adventurous way to spend my night, right...?!?!

1 comment: