Happy Halloween! We are Princess Peach, Mario and...

little Luigi!
I love dressing up! I love our costumes this year. Isnt Baxter's just the most adorable? We've made him wear it all week cuz its so cute. We found it on etsy.com and Matts off ksl.com and mine from Toys R Us. We had such a fun party at Chad and Melinda's on Friday night. We played games, hung out and ate lots of festive food and candy. Thanks for planning the party Melinda! 
I made the veggie dip with the carrot hand from an idea in the Family Fun Magazine. I made the Ranch dip with sour cream and then peeled 5 carrots and put almond slices for the fingernails. This was served with baby carrots and snap peas.
I made the yummy Halloween chex mix. How? 1/2 cup butter, 3/4 white karol syrup, 1 cup packed brown sugar, mix those 3 and melt in microwave, put 1/2 cup pecans, 1/4 cup almond slices and 12 oz of chex mix cereal on a cookie sheet and poured the butter/syrup/sugar mix on top. Baked in the oven at 275 for 1 hour, stirring every 15 min. Then when all done add candy corn and brown and orange M&Ms. Delicious!
The spiders are oreos with 1/2 pretzel each for the 8 legs and raisin eyes stuck on with peanut butter. All in all I was very happy with my Halloween snacks and treats. They even tasted good.
My nieces and nephews are soo adorable. I love my family- everyone looked so great in their costumes. It was a blast!
I got surgery on my leg on Friday and it bled on my costume :( But I'm feeling better. I have 3 stitches and no more weird lump by my knee.
On a more uplifting note I finished the book Hunger Games. Well I dont know if thats uplifting haha 22 kids dying and the love triangles...
It was soo good. Except for now I have to read the second one because the end leaves you wondering. I started Catching Fire today. Thank goodness for the Kindle app on my phone. Oh yeah. I got a new phone. the iPhones were too expensive for my work so we got Tmobile Samsung Vibrant, Galaxy S- and I actually love it.
I cut my bangs...still deciding if I like them or not.
Matt, Baxter and I have been having a great weekend and love the rainy, fall weather. I love Halloween and its the first holiday that I've decorated our little apartment. We have 2 more parties next weekend and might go to frightmares or a haunted house. Thats all for now folks...until next time.

we want to go to a haunted house...wanna go friday??
ReplyDeleteYour hair is long u look so cute
ReplyDelete