I hadnt been to girls camp in 8 years so it was super fun. It was fun going as a leader. Our girls are all so awesome and so are the other leaders.
The theme was "Sisters in Zion" and we did a lot of missionary themed games and activities and treats.
The first day we set up camp, made little bags out of bandannas and played Jeopardy with categories like Temples, For the Strength of Youth, Scripture Mastries, Preach My Gospel, Church Leaders and Young Women Theme.
We got Twinkies with little missionary outfits and drawn on eyes that said we can be a "minion"ary now. So cute!
We went on a fun hike the next day. I love being in nature and reflecting on all of God's creations. We all were challenged to memorize the Stand of Truth, D&C section 4 and the 13 Articles of Faith. It was so fun practicing them, memorizing them and seeing the girls memorize them and ask and learn what they mean.
Each ward in the stake chose a mission (we chose London, England) and a value (we got Divine Nature) Each ward got to do a devotional on their value either in the morning or night and we would do roll call (a little chant to the tune of I hope they Call me on a Mission) and sing camp songs.
Skit night was epic...other than the rain and the ponchos
My favorite part was the Spiritual Walk. We went around to the different stake leaders for 5 minutes each and learned about Honesty, Friendship, Gratitude, Media, Communication and other topics from the strength of youth. My testimony was strengthened and I felt the spirit.
Practice makes perfect right, so i was practicing wood chopping and I accidentally broke the ax...
We have an amazing ward. Friday night was testimony meeting and the spirit was so strong. I learn so much from our girls and the other girls in the stake. We have so much fun together. 
No comments:
Post a Comment