Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Working Mom

Back to School Work

After I saw all the back to school advertisements for clothes I decided that I needed some new clothes too to pump me up and get ready to go back to work. Going back to work is a tough decision but it's what my family needs right now. It was kind of perfect timing to have a baby and have July and August off with the babies and then return when everyone else is in back to school mode. It's not easy though.

Day 2 back at work has been a little bit harder than day 1, but overall it has actually been good (other than I miss my air conditioner). Let's be honest...it is nice to get on the computer and send an email without a child crawling on top of you, wanting to watch "monkeys" on your computer or screaming your name. While I love my children with all my heart I think me working is best for us right now. We need the money in order to provide a life for them that I think they deserve. I want to pay off our house and be debt free one day (in the near future.) I want to use my college degree and continue to gain knowledge. I like interacting with adults, socializing and doing my job. I love spending time with my children and feel like when you get a break you realize how much you miss them and want to be with them. I have been pumping and (so far) it is going well. Josephine (our day care provider) is the BEST! Juliette loves going to the in-home daycare and was happy and excited the past two mornings when I dropped her off. It makes it easier knowing that my children can be together. I feel relief knowing that they are being well taken care of, playing with other children their age, learning and growing and eating nice home-cooked meals.

Sometimes I feel like in our culture you have to explain yourself if you want to work as a women. Ideally I would like to work part time but in my position that is not an option so until then I am content. I dont think women should feel the need to explain why they work. I feel like being a mother is the most important role and my calling in life. By working a job I am still their mother and get to spend time with them. I feel like Juliette is so smart and we have taught her a lot. I love holding and being with my kids.

I think the hardest part will be getting up and out the door in the mornings. Last night was rough...Lincoln ate at 11 pm, 3 am and 5 am. Luckily Matt is the best and helped out in the morning but it was rough leaving my comfy bed that I'd just laid in for a few broken hours. Something that helped was getting everyones clothes, breakfast and lunch ready the night before. Also finding keys and getting my bag ready to save some time and stress of looking around. I hope to stay in this habit of preparing the night before and getting to work on time. Having a baby that depends on you for a food source and wakes up early forces you to get out of bed and get going for the day. I am so thankful for my family. I love them!!


No comments:

Post a Comment