Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

One Week

The other day my sister texted me and asked how life was with 2 kids. I responded SLEEPLESS. Lol. Honestly it's been pretty good and I absolutely love my two children. The thing that has been the hardest is having a broken sternum! How's a girl suppose to heal and "not lift anything and get lots of rest" with a newborn and a 21 month old?

They are darling together and Juliette loves her brother. She doesnt understand the concept of being soft...but she's learning. She likes to give him his binky and take away his blankets.
He looks so tiny in his bassinet.  


 We got home from the hospital on Thursday and I had lots of visitors to keep us company and help- Sharli, Nikki, Rylee, Dallin and Jordan.

First ride in his car seat
Grandpa Greg got back in town and met his little guy. On Friday my mom came over to help and she is seriously superwoman! She helped do laundry, clean my house and organize all my clothes and Juliettes. Karine and Lauren are the best and have helped take care of and play with Juliette so much. I love when they are here to help and hang out. I am so glad Matt took 4 days of work off and he is the best dad ever! I love him and he's so cute with both of our kids.

Friday we took Lincoln to the pediatrician and he is healthy and I'm so thankful. They had to do the horrible bellirubin test that took forever to get enough blood but he doesnt have jaundice so thats good. He weighed 6 lbs 5 oz and is such a muncher. He always eats and poops. As do most newborns I suppose. It's quite the adjustment to sleep in 2-3 hour increments and be awake with him for his 2 hour fussy period in the middle of the night. Plus being a milk factory every few hours. Saturday, Sunday and Monday were good. Sunday we went to the Romero's for dinner and Lauren painted my nails. Monday Lauren and my mom helped out again. I found out my car isn't totaled and its in the shop getting repaired. 

Tuesday was my first day by myself with the two kiddos and first day without Lortab. It was a little emotional because I felt like I didnt have time and/or energy to do anything with Juliette. I was just feeding, changing and holding Lincoln all day and really really tired. Luckily Sis Taylor and her kids came to visit and brought us lunch and dinner (people are soo nice!) But by the time Matt got home from work I just wanted to be done. I wanted to get out of the house. We made our first family outing and went to Olive Garden for dinner. I just love their salad, breadsticks and soup!

Hanging out in the bouncer
 Say cheese!
 Our pretties
 Juliette made a slide (and it's too hot for pants...right?)
 ONE WEEK OLD
 so handsome
 Juliette is going to be a reader! When we finish a story I say "the end" and she normally says "amen" its cute.
 Happy 4th of July!! Thanks Linds for the adorable head band!
Wednesday we ventured out into the hot summer heat. I set up our amazing double stroller and took the kids and Baxter on a walk! It was nice to get some fresh air, move around and I'm glad there was a little breeze.

 Strutting her stuff and she holds the leash herself.
 He slept through his first walk
 We made homemade popsicles out of juice and Juliette thought that was cool. They were delicious and messy!
  Luckily she was exhausted and we all got naps today!! Look how funny she is when she sleeps.

Bye See Ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment