Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, April 25, 2013

31 Week Pregnancy Questionarie

Being pregnant is interesting.... Some days I just want to be done. And then I see a new born baby boy and I'm like Ohh I want one, and then think to myself Oh I'm going to have one! And I get SO excited! I love babies and I'm so excited to have a little boy!

How far along: 31 weeks, I'm really popping out now!
Maternity clothes: Yes! I cant fit into any of my regular pants but sometimes I'll wear a shirt that still fits. I love how much more comfortable maternity clothes are and usually people can tell I'm pregnant (instead of just fat) if i'm wearing maternity clothes.

Stretch marks: I am so sad! Last night I noticed my first stretch marks and about lost it. The weird part is they are on my sides (love handle area) and legs, but not my tummy. With Juliette I didnt get stretchmarks. I got a few on my breasts when my milk came in but they already faded away. I need to start lotioning more often and hope it helps.

Movement: He is constantly moving! It is crazy how uncomfortable it can get. I mean I'm thankful that he is healthy and alive in there but seriously right underneath my ribs is in so much pain everyday. At church on Sunday I could see him pushing my belly from the outside and Matt could see and feel it too. It was pretty cool and a little creepy.

Belly button: in or out: Out! This didnt happen with Juliette's pregnancy either but I'm definitely an outie right now. I was going to post a picture but a belly button photo really isnt that flattering so just imagine and outie. Lol.

Nesting: I bought a bedding set and some decorations off of KSL.com. I am going to decorate his nursery in firetrucks and dalmatians. I got really excited when I saw the bedroom set on ksl because growing up I was in love with dogs and collected dalmatians. I probably had at least 50- some stuffed animals, toys, ceramic ones on a shelf, etc. I got rid of most of them when i moved off to college but I saved one box worth and I'm going to put them on a shelf in his room. The colors will be light blue and red. I'm excited. For now Juliette is sleeping in the crib with his new bedding so hopefully she'll give it up when he comes. I think she will move to a big girl bed when she's about 20 or 22 months. Is that too early? Is it hard to switch to a big kid bed?
Also, I got a huge bag of clothes from my cousin Sara (THANKS!!) and bought some stuff off ksl like a bouncer, clothes, bibs and carrier.
Something cute that happened this week: I was trying to explain to Juliette that I am pregnant and that there is a baby inside my tummy. She looked at my tummy and looked around (like- I dont see a baby mom) She pointed to her baby doll. I said Yeah thats a baby and there is a baby brother in my tummy. I told her to say hi and give him a kiss. She kissed my tummy and I swear it sounded like she said baby brother. It was darling!! This morning I was talking about the baby in my tummy and she pointed to her tummy and said baby. hahah.

Something you wont miss: I had like the worst day on April 2. I've already used a lot of sick day and want to save vacation days to add to my maternity leave so i just sucked it up and went to work even though I felt nauseous and terrible. I threw up a tiny bit twice just in the garbage can and then i went to lunch at noodles and co. (which I LOVE) but i decided to try something new this Japanese noodles and meat and it made me feel even worse. When I got back to work I lost it. I was sitting on the bathroom floor (in a stall) puking repeatedly into an automatic flush toilet. I couldnt breathe and water was splashing in my face. I felt disgusting. To add to it when you are pregnant and throwing up it is very hard to control your bladder and I peed my pants a little bit. So I finished a few things and left work about an hour early. I had to miss a meeting I had that night and when I got home I went straight to bed. I went to bed around 4:30 pm. Matt picked up Juliette from day care and took care of her. I woke up at 7 and Matt asked if i wanted dinner. I said no and went back to sleep for the night. Luckily I slept pretty well and felt better by morning, but it was a rough day. Sometimes I just wish I could stay home and sleep in and do things around the house, but my work needs me and I need it, so I'm thankful to have a job I love.
I definitely wont miss this stupid sciatic pain..or the pain under my ribs...or heartburn.

Sleep: Pretty bad. I'm always tired but feel like I never get a good sleep. Luckily I dont have to get up to pee or anything in the middle of the night yet, I just have the hardest time getting comfortable and falling asleep. It's like baby boy knows when i get into bed and this excites him and he decides to dance around and kick vigorously just for fun. I sleep about 3-4 hours and wake up because I'm tossing and turning, then i have a hard time falling asleep. I have vivid dreams and had a dream about the baby a couple weeks ago- my skin was so see through and i could see the baby's feet stick out when he kicked and see his squished little face. It was kinda cool kinda creepy.

Food aversions: Nothing really. Although sometimes drinking plain milk makes me think about throwing up. And the Frosty from Wendy's wasnt very good the other day but I think it was a little bit rotten tasting.

Food cravings: Nothing out of the norm. Lately I've wanted grilled cheese sandwiches. I love Frosted Flakes for breakfast. I really wanted some no bake cookies all week and finally made some Sunday night and realized why I dont make cookies or desserts often- I eat them all!! SOO delicious. I like pasta, mexican, pina colada freeze from Taco Bell.

Mood swings: Haha yeah.... Sometimes I just want to be hugged and have Matt rub my belly and feel the baby move around. I get frustrated sometimes because I want to accomplish things, and cook and clean but I just dont have the energy and just sit on the couch and stretch and feel like a waste of space. And then my sweet husband reminds me that I'm growing a baby and doing a good job. I also hate the way I look in most clothes, I try on like 3 or 4 outfits before going anywhere because nothing looks good. Its annoying.

Names: This is so difficult...we cant agree on a name. We will like a name and then a few weeks later decide we dont like it anymore, like Collin, Elliot and Ezra. Naming a child is difficult! Names we are thinking about: Lincoln, Carter or Oliver. I like Gavin, Spencer and Quin but Matt doesnt. Matt likes Grant, Peter, Matthew, Logan and Thomas but I dont know if I like any of those. So we'll see. Which of these names do you like best?

Looking forward to: Going to the doctor on Friday and baby boy will get measured to make sure he is growing well since Jules was so tiny when she was born. I'm also looking forward to seeing Juliette be a big sister!

5 comments:

  1. You look so cute! I can't wait to see your little guy! The bedding set we have for our boys is the same brand as the one in that picture and it is sooo nice! So soft and so cute. We moved William into a big boy bed shortly after he was two but I don't think 20 months is too early. We put a rail up so he couldn't fall out but he fell off the bottom of the bed a couple times. Everyone is different but he has never slept as good as he does now that we moved him into a big bed. It's been so nice. He got out of the bed and came upstairs so proud one time and we made a big deal about how he can't get out of his bed and stuff like that and he's never done it again. He gets out on his own once he wakes up but not before. I agree with you about names, it's so difficult thinking of names. I feel like there is so much pressure with choosing a name for a child. I like a lot of the names you have, Collin, Carter, Grant, Logan, Gavin. Any name you choose will be great. :) It's good to see how you guys are doing. Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about your stretch marks, but be thankful you haven't gotten a lot. Despite what anyone claims (especially lotion makers!) they are genetic.
    I love that you have dalmatian toys you collected for your baby's room. :)
    We moved Zeke to a big boy bed (that at the time was just 2 mattresses on the floor) when he was only 18 month old. (Alexander needed somewhere to sleep and I wasn't going to buy another crib!)
    Your April 2nd story - SO SAD!!!
    Naming boys is SO HARD! The girls have stolen so many of the names that it seems like there are so few to choose from. My favorite 2 you listed are probably Grant and Ezra. (I like Lincoln too, but it's pretty popular, including at least 2 of your cousins with kids that name)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about your stretch marks, but be thankful you haven't gotten a lot. Despite what anyone claims (especially lotion makers!) they are genetic.
    I love that you have dalmatian toys you collected for your baby's room. :)
    We moved Zeke to a big boy bed (that at the time was just 2 mattresses on the floor) when he was only 18 month old. (Alexander needed somewhere to sleep and I wasn't going to buy another crib!)
    Your April 2nd story - SO SAD!!!
    Naming boys is SO HARD! The girls have stolen so many of the names that it seems like there are so few to choose from. My favorite 2 you listed are probably Grant and Ezra. (I like Lincoln too, but it's pretty popular, including at least 2 of your cousins with kids that name)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just typed up a long comment, but wasn't logged in so it didn't save. Darn it.
    Sad for stretch marks, but be grateful there are just a couple (and on your hips instead of belly!) And despite what anyone (especially the lotion people) tell you, they are genetic.
    I love that you found a bedroom set that matches your dalmatian collection (And I love that you bought it off of KSL instead of needing everything brand new.)
    SO sad about your barf day with the toilet water in your face and all that. :(
    That's all I can remember from my original comment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are the cutest pregnant person EVER!! Love you! And I had to laugh a *little* that you peed your pants. I mean, it's funny now... right? :)

    Love you!!!!!! You are such a cute family!


    And as far as names.... I really like all of YOUR names that you like ESP. Lincoln or Carter. It might be weird if you named your child Elliot because that's Heather's little GIRLS name. ;)

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete