Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, October 22, 2011

THANKFUL

The other day I was surprised by a nice delivery of flowers from Matt's work. Just a few days later we got another flower arrangement from my work. THANKS so much! I have loved the flowers. 

I'm thankful that Matt and I both have good jobs. I'm thankful that I can take some time off to spend with my baby and recover. I'm thankful for wonderful insurance from my work. I'm thankful for Matt for working so hard and going to work even though we have some sleepless nights. 

I'm thankful for Baxter. He is my other baby! I just love having a dog so much. He has been really good with little Jules. He loves to be right next to us. I thought it was so cute the other day he wanted to play fetch outside and went and found himself a stick. He's growing up. Lol. My visiting teacher is so nice and she and her kids walk Baxter for me sometimes- Thanks Laura. 
I absolutely love Baxter! I love this autumn weather and fall leaves!
 Before I had Juliette I thought I'd have so much free time while she was sleeping cuz babies sleep 16 hours a day or whatever, but they sleep for 2 hour increments and are nocturnal little creatures. I was worried I'd get bored but I've been home a week and a few days and I have definitely not been bored. I actually feel like most of my time is spent breast feeding. I'm thankful that I can breast feed and that it is going well. I was lucky to not get sore or have problems. But she is a milk monster and LOVES to eat. How cute is this- milk drunk baby. Haha it makes me laugh.
 I'm also SO thankful for our families. They both live close and have been great at visiting and helping me out. My mother-in-law, sister-in-law and Matts gramee gave me this cute bassinet/cradle for the side of our bed. It is actually a cradle that Matt's grandpa built and Cameron and Matt slept in it when they were babies.  Family is so important and supportive and I don't know what I would do without them. Thanks family!
I also have great friends that I love so much and am thankful for. Thanks everyone for bringing us meals, visiting us and all the calls, texts, Facebook messages and congratulations. We feel so loved and so blessed.

 I'm thankful for the internet and blogs. I always look up how to do stuff and what a baby should be doing when they are a week or 2 old. I love documenting my life on here since it's pretty much my journal. I gave Juliette a little sponge bath. She didn't really like it much but it was good.


I'm thankful for washing machines. Our little baby poops and spits up (if we give her formula) and goes through a TON of clothes, onsies, blankets and burp cloths. She is such a doll though and I love dressing her up and I'm excited for her to fit into more of her clothes (right now she really only fits in premie clothes.) I'm thankful for cameras and computers.

I had this green headband but nothing to match it so I copied my cousin Whitni's cute idea and sewed a little necklace onto a a onsie and it turned out pretty cute.

I'm so thankful for our Heavenly Father. I know that we are children of God. I'm so thankful for all of his creations. I'm thankful for the opportunity to be a mother. God must really trust us since he lets us raise these precious children. I know that God has a plan for each of us and I'm so thankful to be a mother. I'm so thankful for the gospel. 
 I'm especially thankful for JULIETTE. She brings so much joy and happiness into our family. We just spend hours looking at her tiny face, hands, body and loving her. I love her little smiles and dimple. I love holding her. She is adorable! We are so thankful that she is in our family. We love you Juliette!

2 comments:

  1. It looks like you are having fun with your new toy! She's beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad it's going well. She's adorable!

    ReplyDelete