Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, August 23, 2018

First Days of School 2018

Juliette started first grade on Monday and went to school ALL day! She loved it- she loved lunch and having 3 recesses. 

 
Lincoln started Kindergarten today with afternoon kindergarten and loved it too. 



Juliette in her class

Meghan and Juliette


The first half of the day was with Mrs. Flores in English and the last half of the day was with Senior Mendez in Spanish. We are super excited about dual-immersion and know there is a lot to learn. She loved having PE on the first day. 

Very excited! 


 My growing boy! 


Memories from the first days- Juliette was excited to see Addy and Meghan in her class from her kindergarten class. She was excited to make new friends and play with them at recess- like Maya. She forgot her water bottle at lunch but it was just the kind you throw away, not a reusable one. 

Monday night she said her stomach hurt and I was like ya ya come inside and get ready for bed. Just as we were leaving the neighbors house...she puked in the street a LOT. And then we came inside and she threw up about 8 more times over the course of the night. It was so sad and so bad she had little red dots around her eyes. She was so sad that she had to miss the 2nd day of school. We mostly watched movies and sat around Tuesday. 

Wednesday she was excited and feeling better again- I'm not sure what made her sick but I think it was more than just nerves but glad it was done within 24 hours (really like 12 hours.) They are learning about colors and encouraged to wear the color of the day. She was excited to wear blue. She let me know that she learned the word avion (airplane in Spanish) and walked around with her arms out like an airplane saying ahh ahh avion- for the letter a in Spanish. She loved playing with her friend Ashlyn at recess in the sandbox. She left her lunchbox at school- luckily it was just one we had, we haven't bought her a new one yet. Her picture got chosen and put on the board and she was excited about that. 

Lincoln wanted to do something fun for his last day of summer so after playing with puzzles and hanging out at home in the morning we went to Classic Fun Center with Sabrina and Indy and it was fun! 





It was fun in the bounce houses, arcade games, jungle, ball blast zone and riding bikes/scooters around the track. They played cute together and I love hanging out with Sabrina! 



Wednesday night Matt started college classes at SLCC and I'm so proud of him! He's taking nanotechnology, Biology (online), bowling and history. He didn't want a first day of school photo and felt like an old geyser in his class haha. 
He's amazing working full time, helping around the house- fixing shower faucet leaks, organizing the garage, taking out the trash, spending time with family, and everything else he does. I love him!

Thursday Matt and I took Lincoln to Kindergarten. His teacher is Mrs. Nay. He got to play with play dough and found his name tag for his back pack and again at his table. After school he said he met 3 new friends- all boys, a guy with blue sleeves and a pocket, a guy with stripes- white and other colors and another friend at his table hahaha no names. He liked Mrs. Nay's lion puppet. He liked recess but not when people played tag faster than him haha. He asked for 2 drinks and his teacher said no and he was so thirsty. (I should ask if he can bring a water bottle.)  Juliette said today was good- liked wearing yellow (Amarillo.) My baby isn't a baby any more and I'm having a new baby! I can't wait to meet her but I'm also nervous. I can't believe both kids are in school- they are going to have a great year! We're excited. I love them and their personalities. Almost one week down.

No comments:

Post a Comment