We are having a baby girl! Today Matt and I went to see Dr Barton at IMC and saw an ultrasound of the little baby!! We saw the heart beat, spine, feet, big head and empty space between the legs. I have my "official" ultrasound with the ultrasound tech, DVD and pictures in 3 weeks but I just couldn't wait to know! We are so excited. I don't know how people don't find out and want it to be a surprise. I'm as surprised now as I will be the day she's born, and I won't have to keep calling her an "it" or "the baby." Juliette and Lincoln both "knew" it was going to be a girl. I thought it'd probably be a girl because this pregnancy has felt similar to the one with Juliette compared to being pregnant with Lincoln...of what I can remember. Funny how we conveniently forget things in order to go through them again. I hate morning sickness, or all day sickness/nauseous feeling, throwing up. But you get used to it I guess. Matt also guessed it was a girl but both of us went back and forth.
This morning Matt woke up the kids got them chocolate milk and made sure they dressed themselves and then I got out of bed about 8, made sure the kids ate breakfast, put their shoes on and did a little braid in Juliette's hair. Matt went to work and Lincoln and I dropped Juliette off at school. She's doing so well and I am happy for her and all she's learning. Then we came home and played Super Lucky's Tale, an Xbox One video game with this little fox who goes on adventures and quests. Lincoln is getting really good at video games and we love playing them together.
Then I made french toast and eggs for myself, showered and got ready. Since Friday is short day we went and picked Juliette up and went to Walmart to buy Camden and Declan birthday presents. Camden is my nephew and he turned 6 today and Declan is one of my best friend, Alyssa's, son and Lincoln's friend. He'll be 4 next week. Lincoln is 4 (he'll be 5 in June) and Juliette is 6 (October baby.)
Then I dropped Juliette and Lincoln off at aunt Lauren's so that I could go to my doctor's appointment. I met up with Matt in the parking lot. He is so great. He was so busy at work with people having computer "emergencies" but he made it a priority to see what our little baby will be and be at the appointment for support. I'm not sure if I am just more aware of possibilities of miscarriages, knowing people who have had babies die in the womb or what but for some reason I was not worried at all with the other two and this time I've been so paranoid, it's annoying. I don't know if it's because Lincoln will already be 5 and I feel like that is so far apart or if it is that it took so long to get pregnant (over 9 months,) or what but I've just been praying that the baby will grow healthy and strong and really nervous for some reason. Sometimes oblivion is bliss, jk. I love this baby so much already and I can't wait to meet her. ...Let the Adventure Begin...
Anyways...so Matt and I waited in the waiting room and talked we both thought it'd be a girl but I was kinda thinking it could be a boy. We went back and as we looked at the ultrasound the baby had her feet crossed at the ankles and tucked up, like she was sitting indian style (or criss-cross apple sauce since that is no longer publicly acceptable) with her feet blocking her crotch. Dr Barton said, "well she's modest" haha. It is seriously so amazing and such a miracle that a human being is inside of me. It is amazing that they are too tiny (5 inches) yet have all the body parts, fingers, toes, labia, spine, bladder, heart, everything. I just love it. It's a miracle. God is good and so smart. I'm thankful for Him. When we saw between the legs and couldn't see a penis Matt and I were holding hands and squeezed each other's hands and smiled. He is my rock and support. I love him! He makes my life easier and better. I don't know if I do the same for him but I will work on it- I try. I love him so much and I'm so glad we have kids together. The dr says "well with boys we can be more sure but with girls we aren't sure because theres a lot going on with the umbilical cord, movement, organs, etc. but I'm pretty sure those look like lines for a girl." So...I ask "well like percentage wise how much do you think it's a girl?" "85%" So we're going with it. I'm still not convinced haha but we bought pink balloons and Matt is sure she's a girl. I'm so excited. I wanted to go tell the kids right away but Matt had a super busy day at work and had to get back so I went home and we decided to wait until after work to tell anyone.
It was super hard to not tell right away because then we went to Camdens party and everyone in my family was there- well Melinda, Chad, Sabrina, David, my mom, kids, nieces and nephews. So I told them I'd tell them after we told our kids. The party was wild with lots of kids and really fun and well done. Ninjago theme. Lincoln is a total boy and loved the boxing gloves, arm wrestling, ninja moves, climbing through the ninja maze and just being around other boys, especially his cousin Camden. Lincoln loves him, I'd almost say idolizes him. If Camden likes it he likes it, if camden doesn't like it neither does he. (Insert eye roll here) haha For example we are eating dinner and Lincoln says "I like rice (Juliette doesn't like it much) Does Camden like rice?" Yes (I guess) "Okay I like it too."
Lincoln was hilarious because for weeks he's been saying "I KNOW it's a girl, my brain is just telling me and I know it" and Juliette wants a little sister and thought it was a girl too. So I put the pink balloons inside a box and Matt recorded us opening it up. Juliette was super happy and Lincoln was too, for about 1 minute then he put his head on my lap and said something like I wanted a brother, can you get pregnant tomorrow with a brother too? Hahahaha. That's not quite how it works kid. But I know they will both be excited and so helpful. Juliette is super excited to tell everyone!
Today Juliette and I read and she read for the full 20 minutes. She is finally starting to get excited about reading, now that she feels like she is fast and good at it she likes it more. Yesterday we read and she did a really great job and is getting more confident. We were cracking up laughing about just about everything. It was good to have some happy fun one on one time while Matt and Lincoln went to the store to get a new video game for dad he's been waiting for to come out- God of War.
Names! It is too hard to decide on names for someone else....you don't want it to be too common, yet you don't want it to be so unique or strange that people can't pronounce it or spell it. You want it to be feminine but not too feminine. You want it to be phonetic and not too long. You want something that will sound good when you yell it. Something with a good nickname. Something that no bad word rhymes with, the list goes on and on. It's scary, yet exciting. Lol. We really liked the name Arcadia before we knew if Lincoln was a girl or a boy but now I'm not sure. I really like Madeline but Juliette said it sounds creepy like Coraline, the movie with that girl with button eyes. I like it because it's like Matt and Sharlene combined. I like Madilyn too. I "like" tons of names but I don't know if I love them. I'm so weird. Some I like- Arcadia, Aria, Eliza, Kirsten, Ellie, Savannah, Harper, Lucy, Nora, Amelia, Abigail, Kate, I don't know.... For middle names I like Whitney, Afton, Kate, Lucy, Elaine, Marie. I need to talk to Matt about these ideas. He likes Madeline and Arcadia, not sure what else.
We went over to the Romero's to help them move out the final things from their shed and house. Matt helped a lot taking down the projector and taking the film off the windows. I felt useless cuz everyones like "dont carry anything! Youre pregnant!" haha. They were all excited about the news of a baby girl! Then Matt took the kids home around 8 and I went to dinner with Greg, Karine and Lennyx to Siraguses to get Italian food and it was yummy. I got back at 9:30. That was so nice of Matt, I know he had a long day. But I did too. I am so tired!




No comments:
Post a Comment