Last Sunday I taught the lesson in young womens about personal revelation. I had some extra papers in my bag of a question I asked the girls- What important decisions will you make within the next few years of your life? They each made their list and we talked about how the holy ghost can help us with these decisions and how prayer works. I thought about my past few years and I've made a lot of big, important decisions:
What college to attend?
What my major should be?
Who I want my roommates to be?
If and where I should do study abroad?
To serve a mission?
To wait for a missionary?
Who to date?
Who to marry?
Where to get married?
Where to work?
Where to live?
When to have children?
If, when and where we should buy a house?
Where to send our daughter to daycare?
Last night I was taking a shower and Matt I guess had found the extra paper and asked me, "What important decisions will you make within the next few years of your life?" I hadn't thought about it for me, now. I was just thinking about things the girls could write. What important decisions do i need to make?
What to name our baby?
What debts to pay off first?
What projects to do and things to buy for our house and life?
What to invest in?
How long should I stay at my job that I love?
Should I keep working full time, part time or stay at home?
What preschool should Juliette attend?
What lessons/sports should we get our kids involved in?
How long to live in our house?
If and/or when to have more children?
How to continually show my husband that I love him and am committed to him?
How to better live and share the gospel?
I am reminded of the talk Decade of Decisions by Robert D. Hales.
According to Stephen Covey these are the 6 important decisions teens/young adults make:
1. School- What are you going to do about your education?
2. Friends- What type of friends will you choose & be?
3. Parents- Are you going to get along with your parents?
4. Dating & Sex- Who will you date and what will you do about sex?
5. Addictions- What will you do about smoking, drinking, drugs and other addictive stuff?
6. Self-worth- Will you choose to like yourself?

No comments:
Post a Comment