I saw this on pinterest and I love it! It is so true. I think that so many people think that a different life would be better or easier or "greener" on the other side but life is good wherever you put effort in.
I was reading this blog today and it referred to the book Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? by Mindy Kaling AKA Kelly from The Office. She talked about how marriage is work but it should be our favorite kind of work. She hates when people complain about being married and wants to see couples having fun together and giving each other high fives. I'm so happy to say that Matt and I literally give each other high fives all of the time.
Marriage can be hard but it is SO worth it and so rewarding. I love having a guy that will watch every episode of the Bachelorette and Project Runway with me (and watching Repo Games and Tanked with him.) I love our dates! On Friday we went to dinner at the Old Spaghetti Factory and saw the new Borne movie. Matt is reading "The Millionaire Next Door" for his Finance class [btw he is going to school this next semester-YAY!] and it is so good! It's fun to discuss how to save and pay off debts. I know it sounds lame that that is fun but it just feels good to know that we have a plan and that we are a united team going after lifelong goals. I love our daughter [obviously- every other post is about that spunky bundle of joy!]
Marriage exposes all your imperfections and that is so hard to realize but at the same time so great because then you can improve and become the person you want to become and know that you have someone that loves and supports you by your side. Getting married teaches you so many lessons and skills. It helps you become a more well rounded person, but only if you are willing to water it and work at and enjoy it. You not only learn about yourself but about all of the hobbies and things that your spouse knows about and loves. I love learning about the latest technology and how to budget from my hubby. Sometimes I get scared to post stuff like this cuz its too mushy or who really cares but seriously it's how I feel and I absolutely love being married. I also love being inspired by others blogs and love talking and writing so here you go and remember to water the grass where you want it to be green!


its soo true. I like that saying alot and have never heard it before! I love your posts, I think you are so darling! And the pic at the top of your family is way way cute :) We are gonna need an updated family pic here pretty soon! baby comin in a week! Hope all is well. I love that you and your sisters are close I want our kids to be like that because it is looking like we will have all girls! :) lol
ReplyDelete