I wrote this post almost 3 years ago and just came across it so I will post...
I just read my friend Malae’s blog and she asked the question- would you go back?
It’s been 5 years since I graduated. That seems crazy. I LOVED high school.
My sOpHoMoRe year was awesome! I was the Sophomore Class President and loved being involved in school activities, fundraisers (food drive), and assemblies. I loved the officers and getting to know so many new people. I loved being the new kid or the youngest and becoming friends with the seniors. I had the BEST group of best friends- Caitlyn, Hayley, me, Adam, Lance and Colby. I always wanted a group of close girl and guy friends [like the show Friends] and this was the first time that happened. None of us dated each other, we just loved spending time together and having fun. We loved going to parks, movies, hanging out, playing games and just goofing around.
Then the excitement of turning 16 was this year. I loved being able to date, drive, go to dances, and kiss boys. Lance had a car and we’d just go driving around and go to scary places. We’d go out to lunch almost everyday.
My JuNioR year was pretty good. I had harder classes and I didn’t make student government but I was on the tennis team again and involved in school activities and clubs. Almost all of my friends had boy friends. Caitlyn and Zach, Nikki and Bryson, Hayley and Christian, Christina and Scott. So Sharli and I hung out a ton. I dated Matt off and on and Sharli dated Duncan for a little while. We’d go to Layton almost every weekend to hang out with our graduated boys. I hated not having a job so my mom made me work at Vista as a janitor for a few months and then I quickly found another job at Farmer’s insurance that I also hated.
My SENIOR year was fun. I was an SBO and us 7 became best friends! I loved seminary, got good grades, loved my friends. Our group was me, Caitlyn, Sharli, Nikki, Ashly, Adam, Lance and Nick. They are my best friends. I dated Matt our whole senior year and was so in love.
I was in choir and we had so much fun on our trip in California. I played doubles on the tennis team and had a lot of fun. I worked at Taco Del Mar. I loved attending any and all sports events- football games, basketball, soccer, swim meets, tennis matches, hockey, and baseball. We weren’t good at any sport besides baseball but we had a lot of fun and t-ville pride.
What would I have done differently?
I would have been nicer to people. I would have practiced harder at tennis, photography and singing, and tried to develop more talents. I would have been a more dedicated Historian, I loved being an SBO but not necessarily the historian. I would not have been so dramatic.
Jobs I had- Taco Del Mar, Brighton Ski Resort, Vista, Farmers Insurance
So...would I go Back??
I actually don’t know if I would go back because I love my life now and think High School played a good role in where I am today. I love being married to my best friend, having a dog and a family, being graduated from college with my degree and having a full time job, but I do know that I loved high school so much and all the memories that were made in those three short years. I guess we aren't having a 5 year reunion, but I'll help plan so we for sure have a 10 year reunion. Any ideas on what people would want or like to do for our reunion??
Would you go back??

No comments:
Post a Comment