Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, February 13, 2022

Baby Wesley

 39 weeks 3 days 

10.7.20

Today is the day!! We are going to meet Peter/Wesley/baby boy!! 

The hospital called at 6:15 and said to come in at 7:45. After I snoozed for 10 minutes I got up and showered and took Lulu out to go potty. Matt and the kids woke up and started getting ready too. I had the hospital bag packed and the kids sleepover bags ready. We left the house around 7:40. I decided to stop at the kids school to get their chrome books (since I never made it over there Monday or yesterday and would hate for Sab to have to go over with 5 kids) but the office door was locked...dang. They weren’t open yet. Luckily a teacher saw me though the window and I waved at them like I need to come in. Luckily the teacher told the principal and she was super nice and came to open the door and help me. I signed the forms and checked the chrome books out and was on my way. I had to call Matt to get a few things we forgot and we met over at my parents house. Tim and Sab are living there with their kids while their house is getting built. Sabrina is so nice to watch my kids today! We dropped the kids off and I was a little stressed cuz I couldn’t see Lincoln’s adhd medicine but then I found it, whew. Sabrina gave me an adorable new swaddle blanket and it was fun to say hi to mom and dad too. We snapped a few pics and I called to let the hospital know we were running late but on our way. 

We stopped by Greg and Karine’s house to drop off Lulu and I’m so thankful they are willing to watch her. She is in heat and has to wear these tiny doggy diapers to avoid blood from getting on anything- so I feel bad about the timing. They are so nice and the best. Karine took work off tomorrow and Friday to watch the kids while we’re here. 


Because of coronavirus the hospital is only allowing 2 visitors and all along I thought it’s be just one so it’ll be just me and Matt this time. Usually we have my mom, his mom, Melinda, Lauren, Tiffany, anyone who wants to experience the amazing miracle of birth and then have all my family, my kids, some friends and some of matts family come to visit In The hospital so that’ll be different. I’m kinda excited for us to be alone during the birth but it’ll be sad that my kids and our families can’t come see the baby once he’s born. And who’s going to record? (Yes I record my births) we have a tripod. Our kids and family can meet him Friday when we go home. 


We checked in around 8:15 with registration  got in the room by 8:30, IV and pitocin were started by 9 am and dr Barton broke my water at 11 am. Verrery leaky. Epidural at noon. Very tired. 

I’m soo hungry. I felt like I really needed to fart. 

I was listening to a podcast and about to fall asleep and the all of the sudden (around maybe 2:15) I felt lots of pressure and moved from my side to my back. I progressed so quickly my epidural didn’t keep up. I felt like I needed to pass gas and/or push.


For about 10-20 minutes I started crying in pain and felt like the nurses hadn’t checked on me and that I needed another hand to hold on the other side. Matt was holding one hand and helping me breathe through it. I asked Matt to call my mom to come to the hospital if she could and wanted to. The nurse - another nurse Michelle- came in to check me at 2:30 and I was at a 9. I pressed my epidural button and increased the dose. I couldn’t think or talk so I’m so glad Matt was there helping me breathe and encourage me. The nurse pushed on my knees and Matt held my hand and legs. Finally my nurse Sarah and her nursing student paisley came back and called dr Barton in and got everything set up. I was dilated to a 10! Mom got there and the baby’s heartbeat was dropping so it was time to push. I saw his wrinkly brown haired head and I think I pushed 3-4 times from about 3:10-3:26. He came out and I knew he was a little bigger than my other babies when I saw his cute hands and feet. He’s the cutest little thing ever. We fell instantly in love. He had great coloring and was so clean. I think he was ready to come out today. I love him! Wesley Peter Romero came into the world at 3:26 pm on October 7, 2020. He’s 8 lbs 3 oz and 20 in long. We are lucky!! 











I did skin to skin and was able to nurse him. Mom went and got us chick fil a and I was so hungry and it was so good. That was so nice!  Remember to eat breakfast before you go into give birth cuz once you start the pitocin you can only have clear liquids. I drank lots of water. And was so hungry! 


It’s been a good day. I love Matt so much. I love Wesley. We FaceTimed the kids to say goodnight and show them the baby. I’m soo thankful for my family. Sabrina sent me pictures throughout the day and she is so much fun and good with the kids. Im so tired but know I’ll have to wake up every 2 hours. 







Wesleys temperature was low after he was born so he had to lay under a warming light for a min and he warmed up. His blood sugar is low so we supplemented with formula. If his blood sugar is too low 2 more times he’ll have to go to the nicu. So I hope he ate enough- 15 min on each breast plus 18 ml of formula. 


The only struggle was keeping his blood sugar up. Since my milk hasn’t come in yet (just colostrum) then he wasn’t getting enough to eat. So we supplemented with formula. 30 ml is an ounce and he was eating 35 mL to 50 mL. 


Look how cute he is!! 











No comments:

Post a Comment