Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, November 2, 2018

One Month Old

Madeline Jane Romero


My life as a one month old:



I love my mom, dad, sister Juliette and brother Lincoln. I am patient with them. I’m thankful they are so helpful. Juliette even changes my diapers and gets me dressed sometimes. I get held a lot but also like the bouncer. 
   

Met lots of family and friends 



















Spent 4 days in the NICU. 

It's good to be home. 

I never fit into premie clothes like my brother and sister and at 1 month the newborn diapers and newborn clothes are pretty snug so I wear a size 1 and 0-3 month clothes. 
 

I'm a great eater and do well breastfeeding. I don’t have a problem with the bottle either. At my 2 week apt I weighed 8 lbs.  We'll see how I grow each month next to Lambie. 
 
 I sleep in a bassinet in Mom and Dad's room. 






I spit up a lot but it doesn’t seem to bother me too much, lots of laundry for mom. 
I still have my blue eyes and brown hair. My hair has thinned out and lightened a bit but I still have a lot and my parents love it. 
 
I’m a feisty fighter and wiggle worm. I don’t like my arms being snuggled in the blanket and confined. Once I pulled my arm out of my shirt and brought it out of the neck hole in order to break free from my blanket burrito bundle. 
I like to suck my thumb, hand and fingers. 
I don’t cry too much. I don’t like being in the car seat in the car though and sometimes scratch my face and scream on car rides when no one is paying attention to me. 
I like tummy time. 
I’ve had one great night of sleep (5 hours) all the others I’ve needed to eat at least every 3 hours. 

I grunt. A lot. 
I like to smile and make cute faces. I have one dimple. 
 
Sometimes I go cross eyed but give me a break I’m just learning. 
My skin is super sensitive and I have a rash on my face and neck. My mom bought Dreft to detergent to see if that helps. My scratches and redness from nicu tubes and tape all cleared up. 

Aunt Katie babysat me twice and I basically slept the whole time (once while mom threw Juliette’s birthday party at germ infested classic fun center and dad was in Salina with his friends. And once during the primary program for sacrament) 
I’ve already been to church cuz moms the primary president and doesn’t take a break, luckily we at least had general conference. 
My first restaurant was ihop with mom, Juliette and Lincoln, dad got called into work. 

I go shopping with mom a lot to Smiths, Walmart, dollar tree, savers, dream dinners and my first was Kohls.

Fall fun for Juliette and Lincoln included cornbellies and Gardner village, I mainly slept in my car seat in the stroller except to eat and get my diaper changed. Luckily they were both good weather days. 
 


 

 My first holiday is going to be Halloween. 

 


I like going on walks in the stroller and mom feels great afterwards. I went once with just mom, once with Tiffany, Evie, Sarah, Leo and Lincoln and once to the park with Juliette and Lincoln. I mostly slept. 





Baths are ok. I think I enjoyed the one with mommy more than the ones in the sink or sponge baths though. My umbilical cord took about 3 weeks to fall off. 




My 4 grandparents - Greg, Karine, Milton and Karen all live in Taylorsville and we get to see them often. I have 3 loving great grandparents- gramee Sharon boam and Poppi Wayne Boam both live in Taylorsville, and great grandma Dickson who I just met at Marcus’ mission call opening lives in Ogden.  

I have 8 uncles and 7 aunts. I’ve met all but Jessica and Scott who live in Oregon but we’ve sent videos and Marco Polo messages. I have 12 cousins and 2 more on the way. 
I’m so lucky to know lots of dads aunts, uncles and cousins too. We met at favorite foods dinner and nicks farewell. We see them at family parties and dinners. 

My family loves me and I love them. Life as a one month old is pretty good. Mom and Dad love having a newborn around again and are even learning how to function on just a few hours of sleep. 

 



1 comment:

  1. I love this! Haven't check out your blog for a long time. Glad you are keeping it up!

    ReplyDelete