They were so cute and excited
By day 4 this is how I'm feeling:
My heart is breaking
How do I know whats best?
This is literally the first time I felt like "Oh, I don’t want
my kids to grow up"
I don’t want my kids to learn the realness of getting up and
going even when you’re tired
Doing things we don’t want to do
Being told what to work on and what to play with
Having deadlines to complete things
Being fed food they don’t want to eat just because it is
healthy and good for our bodies
On the same token these are all good things.
You have to learn to share and take turns
You have to learn to make smart choices over what is most
desirable in the moment
Self-discipline is good
Life lessons are sometimes tough
Is it the best place for my children
Or do I turn and run back to what is comfortable?
Snuggles on the couch
Just one more episode of this “educational” TV show
Playing babies and riding bikes all day
Eating one more snack because we are only young once
I want to baby my babies
But now they are not babies
I have never been a mom before
But now that I am
I love nothing more
I look forward to seeing them succeed and grow
I just want them to be happy
Are they tired? Hungry? Adjusting to something new?
My little buddy is practically potty trained after one week
My princess is getting along better with other
So it is a good thing, right?
Then why do they fight it and cry every morning not wanting to go
This is tough
Things will be good.
It will be okay.
We love you and appreciate you Josephine, but are excited for what's ahead, I think...

No comments:
Post a Comment