Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, December 31, 2015

2015 in Review

Often times we tend to write down our good memories that we want to remember and pretend like the bad ones don't happen. Maybe that is the reason for my lack of posts this year. It has been a toughie but also lots of tender mercies that I am so grateful for. 

Being married is fun and exciting and a lot of hard work and compromise. Being married helps you become the best version of yourself with a great partner.



I echo the words in the quote above. There have been times where one person is tempted and mislead and the other person is strong, forgiving, understanding and counseling works miracles. There have been times when one wants to throw in the towel and not continue fighting the journey of life filled with sickness, pain and disappointment but together we hold each other up and make it through. Again counseling works miracles. There have been times where one person quits their job and the other person says it'll all work out, it'll all be okay. We are proud of each other and willing to fight through anything. I know that our Savior and Redeemer, Jesus Christ, provides strength, love, softens hearts and knows us each individually. I am so thankful for Him. I am thankful for prayer and the spirit of the Holy Ghost.  I am most thankful for my amazing, wonderful husband, Matt. I love him and know that he loves me.

Life is our school and lessons are learned from everyday experiences. One thing I learned is that balance is so important. We have to prioritize because a perfect balance is actually not possible and that is okay. I learned that we need to have boundaries and say no sometimes in order to get what we really want and need. I learned that family comes first. I am learning to listen to others and understanding that we have different needs and wants. I have also thought a lot about and tried to enjoy life in this moment. Enjoy each stage.

Some of our 2015 highlights! 

Best vacations of 2015:
I loved going to Florida with the Romero family and going to Disney World. My favorite part was Harry Potter World and getting an express pass one of the days at Universal Studios to go on all the big rides with Matt. I also loved seeing Juliette and Lincoln get so excited to see the dragons and Minnie and Mickey in the parade. It was fun singing along to Barney and swimming at the hotel and Katie's grandparents house. I loved spending time with family.

Cody, Wyoming with the Dicksons. We had a blast staying up all night playing mafia and scum with cousins! Even the drive was fun talking with my parents and stopping for a few visits.

Biggest change in 2015:
Matt left Okland at the end of October after working there over 5 years and started a new job at Sera Prognostics mid November. He is their IT Systems Administrator and loves it! He is so much happier and less stressed....and gets paid more- win win! Sera Prognostics is an amazing research company testing for premature birth risk to help save lives of pregnant mothers and babies. Sera Prognostics developed a blood test to predict premature babies and aim to improve health by earlier interventions that make a difference.

Best book I read/listened to in 2015:
Off Balance by Matthew Kelly

New Adventures in 2015:
Zip Lining with my mom and sisters
Cave spelunking in Wyoming

Goals accomplished in 2015:
Had more family home evenings- almost every Monday

Milestones in 2015:
Juliette can spell and write her name

Goal not accomplished in 2015:
Read Whole 30 and do it for 30 days... I need baby steps. I did do a 5 day clean eating challenge and 21 days no cheats- which meant no carbonation or candy, 1 fruit, 1 veggie and 6 cups of water. I really liked doing that and should do it again.

Home improvements of 2015:
SOLAR PANELS installed and working
All of our upstairs is automated with wink lights, amazon Alexa, nest thermostat, remotes from our iPhones
New closet in master bedroom
Hardwood floor in kitchen
Stained Deck

Celebrated in 2015:
Matt and Sharlene's 5 Year anniversary
Lincoln's 2nd birthday with a Cars party
Juliette's 4th birthday with a Minnie Mouse party
Caitlyn and Kyle's wedding
Taylor and Katie's little Cohen's birth
Chad and Melinda's little Keaton's birth
Sabrina and Tim's pregnancy- its a girl
David getting home from his mission

What we learned we're grateful for in 2015:
Modern medicine and how it improves our quality of life
FMLA
Insurance
Priesthood Blessings
Family

Favorite TV Series watched in 2015:
Matt- Mr. Robot
Sharlene- Hart of Dixie

Best movies in 2015:
Inside Out- family night at the Drive In Movie
Jurassic World
Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Matt saw it, I havent yet)
Hunger Games Mocking Jay Part 2
Pitch Perfect 2


I love Matt, Juliette and Lincoln so much and we are excited to ring in 2016!










No comments:

Post a Comment