Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, November 3, 2014

where does the time go?

Yesterday after sacrament meeting I went to drop my now 3 year old Juliette off in nursery. Lincoln, 16 months, waltzed right in behind her and saw the chairs set in a semi-circle and just climbed up on a chair and sat down so reverently. I waved bye to Juliette, who had already sat down on the other side of the room next to a friend. I said "Come on Link" and he just sat there like he knew what he was doing. I looked back and forth from the teacher to Lincoln and she said "He can stay" I said "but he's only 16 months old!" They said we know where to find you if we need you. And with that I was out. He was definitely not sad or scared as he stayed the entire 2 hours on the first day in nursery. 

People always say "I dont want my kids to grow up" and normally I think "well it's better than the alternative." I never want my kids to die without getting the chance to grow up. I think it is so exciting when my kids learn new things and grow. It is scary to think that they'll be teenagers in this crazy world but being old enough for nursery is so joyous! I actually listened to the lesson in Relief Society without getting up a million times to stop my busy body boy from running down the hall way, suck on some other baby's toys, drop books or sit out the whole meeting because he's screaming. It was amazing. The lesson was on the grace of God and I felt the spirit so strongly. The first 18 months of a babies life you dont get much out of church, but yesterday both of my kids were in nursery and I felt fabulous! I almost felt guilty watching the other moms try to hold their babies still or quiet them, I wanted to offer help. I knew they could handle it though and I just sat back and relaxed. Keep your fingers crossed that next week might be a repeat. But dont hold your breath. 

I love my kiddos! They wouldnt hold still for a picture though. Too excited I suppose...


No comments:

Post a Comment