Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

House Hunting

This is the house that we didnt get... I am a little sad. We bid on this house and put an offer on another house we liked, but I guess someone could close faster than we could and offered more money. After searching and searching I loved and wanted this house. It was in a perfect neighborhood, but oh well we'll find another house we like. If you know of a good house for sell let us know! Our lease ends in July and we are ready to buy a house! (and scared...lol!)

We'd like
  •  3-4 bedrooms
  • 2 bathrooms
  • 2 car garage
  • 1500+ square feet
  • .2+ acres would be nice
  • built after 1950
Our top choices of cities to live:
  • Murray
  • Taylorsville
  • West Jordan
  • Cottonwood Heights (not going to find a house in our price range though)
  • Midvale/Sandy
Ideally we'd like to spend about $160,000 ish. Let me know if you see or know of anything!
     

2 comments:

  1. I had no idea you were house hunting! Such a fun and annoying and exciting time! Just a piece of advice (not that you were asking) - our house is only 1550 sq ft. Granted we only live in half of it (the basement isn't finished), but I might bump up your square footage minimum to closer to 2000. Even 1800 vs 1500 makes a huge difference. WE have one of the smaller houses in our neighborhood and I have noticed that even though small, it helps when the kitchen and eating area are not tiny. We can barely fit around our table now and the kids are still small. I'm guessing you have an agent already, but if your in need of a great one I can suggest someone. Good look in your hunting. Oh, and one more piece of unsolicited advice - check out the schools if you are planning on staying in one house. It might be worth it to stretch yourself just a little financially (assuming you get annual raises and all that) to get your kids in to better schools.

    ReplyDelete
  2. House hunting is frustrating. Take your time and don't be in a hurry. I know this is cliche, but I honestly believe when it's the right home for your family everything will fall into place.

    ReplyDelete