If you have been on Facebook at all the past two days you have heard of and seen posts about the LDS announcement of changes in the handbook. I haven't been able to wrap my thoughts around why the church would announce this. Then last night as I studied and read my scriptures, moving forward in faith trying to understand the words of our leaders and just studying next weeks Sunday school lesson (reading Colossians 1-3) I loved what I was reading, thoughts I was having and spirit that I felt. I think it is important to write down our testimonies and share it with those we love.
I don't think anyone should be discriminated against. I think there is a real concern and feeling of alienation for the members of the church for standing up for truth and righteousness. The world wants to make the good look evil and the evil look good. Continue in faith grounded and settled. We have received several warnings from Christ to keep His commandments. We need not follow the traditions of men but follow Christ. He is the truth and the way. Let no man beguile you. Christs way is for a man and a woman to show love and affection for one another. If we follow Christ we will receive our rewards in heaven. Are we going to pitch our tents toward Sodom or toward our Savior? We will be blessed when we are obedient and cursed when we are disobedient. This law wasn't created by man but through God. I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior. I know that He loves me. I know that he has commandments and to show love to Him we need to follow him. There are rewards for obedience and punishments for the wicked. I'm thankful for this knowledge. I'm thankful that we can be forgiven through our Savior Jesus Christ and that we will be judged by an all knowing God and not by men. I love our prophets and leaders and know they know things that we cannot yet see and want to bless and protect us. I'm thankful for the scriptures so we can learn things for ourselves and be strengthened by them. I know that Heavenly Father hears and answers my prayers. I am thankful for my family and the teachings of Jesus Christ. I want to echo what Mormon said "And I do this for a wise purpose; for thus it whispereth me, according to the workings of the Spirit of the Lord which is in me. And now, I do not know all things; but the Lord knoweth all things which are to come; wherefore, he worketh in me to do according to his will." (Mormon 1:7)
Colossians
1:23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;
2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
3:5 Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:
14 And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.
15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.
16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
17 And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.
18 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord.
19 Husbands, love your wives, and be not bitter against them.
20 Children, obey your parents in all things: for this is well pleasing unto the Lord.
21 Fathers, provoke not your children to anger, lest they be discouraged.
22 Servants, obey in all things your masters according to the flesh; not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but in singleness of heart, fearing God:
23 And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;
24 Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.
25 But he that doeth wrong shall receive for the wrong which he hath done: and there is no respect of persons.
Also read Colossians 1-3, Isaiah 3:9-11, Genesis 13:10-13, Deuteronomy 29:22-23, Moroni 10

Thank you so much for sharing your testimony. This blog helped strengthened mine, because I too was confused about this issue. Thanks again.
ReplyDelete